Big thanks to Harry for his time and effort, on and off the water, restructuring and organising this year’s Sea Skills Training.
With so many people joining the club, enrolling to upgrade their skills by spending a day or weekend with instructors, and networking with peers to develop those new skills the demand for training over the last few years has been fantastic.
We hope those who take on this training have in their sights the goal to go for the “Sea Skills qualification”. For those who have been successful, congratulations. If you are still thinking about it “go for it” as it opens up so many options for you. These include:
- Access to a wider range of club paddles and activities
- A greater enjoyment knowing you have a few more skills
- The opportunity to keep improving and refining those skills
- Increased networking with kayaking friends
- An enhanced ability to promote the club and what it has to offer the sea kayaking community
For those enrolled in club training over the next few months it would be great to hear stories about your training and, in particular, to receive any photos you may have from these sessions. Please email photographs to: training2006[at]nswseakayaker.asn.au